Re: [Plugins-writers] using libpcap in C plugin

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 14:18:55 PDT

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:56:46AM -0400, Jingyu Dong wrote:

> I wrote a C plugin which used libpcap APIs.

Perhaps Renaud or Michel can give a more authoritative answer, but I
suspect NASL is the preferred method for writing plugins these days.

>    1. When executing ‘make’, it complained that ‘struct pcap_if’ not
>       found. It should be defined in ‘pcap.h’.

Are you using it in your plugin code? By default, Nessus comes with and
uses an older version of libpcap (libpcap-nessus) so I would expect
issues if your plugin uses, or tries to use, a different version.

George
--
theall@private