[Plugins-writers] "Automatic" Microsoft Bulletin Update via mssecure.xml from hfnetchk - yust an RFC

From: David Möller (david.moeller@private)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 05:04:19 PDT

Hi,

I don't know the License and it's only a idea, but would it be possible
to use mssecure.xml from the Hfnetchk Tool?

It contains:
The Bulletins
	With Description
	URL's
	The Hotfixes
	The affected Registry Keys
	The affected Files: Name, Path, Version and Checksum
The Service Packs
The Products and Product Families (Operating System, Office, ...)
and last but not least, the coherences.

I think it could be used in two different way's:

	1. The Plugins could be generated by an XSLT.

	2. A Plugin could pars and interpret it.

My point of view, after spending some time searching the CVS:

Apart from the parsing-stuff only a Method for extracting the File
Version (stored somewhere in the .EXE, .DLL, ... files ) and optionally
for calculating the checksum, would be required.

If you want to take a look at it:
	I prefer Pollo  http://pollo.sourceforge.net/

so what do you think?

( terrible English, i know :-) )