Re: [Plugins-writers] Command line scan

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 12:28:40 PDT

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 01:20:29PM -0500, Duane Fletcher wrote:

> Does anyone have a sample command line that can be used to have nesses
> scan a single IP address?

You can invoke a commandline scan with something like the following:

  nessus localhost 1241 me noway targets targets.nbe

where "targets" is a file containing the targets to scan and
"targets.nbe" is the file to which results (in NBE format) are written.

"man nessus" covers these and other options that you might find useful.

> I would like to script a scan of systems as
> they come on line.  The IP address is picked out of a log, and then I
> would like to run nessus against this IP in "real-time".

Hope you've thought about what to do with each host during the several
minutes it might take to scan it.

George
--
theall@private