Re: [Plugins-writers] Is it possible to write a plugin to use LDAP serach request to retrieve informatiom from Windows server 2000 Active Directory ?

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 05:08:58 PST

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 05:22:20PM +0800, ??(Allen) wrote:

> I want to retrieve the information from Windows server 2000 Active
> Directory.
> Is it possible to write a plugin to do it?

Probably.

> I find a plugin from Nessus Script.
>
> The plugin ID is 12105 and the script as follow:
> Could someone give me a hint to make it possible ?

That plugin only checks whether Everyone is in the Pre-Windows 2000
Compatible Access group. If you've tightened up access on your directory
by removing that, then you'll need to bind to the directory with the
proper credentials and issue your query.

Since the plugins aren't clear about how they construct the packets they
send, you'll either need to study the RFCs for LDAP or trace network
traffic as you issue the query using another tool to learn what your
plugin must send.

George
--
theall@private