[Plugins-writers] SSL Connection Functions?

From: Steven W Smith (swsmith@private)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 14:16:32 PST

From:   S. Winfield Smith
        Del Mar College
        Corpus Christi, TX

Del Mar College is hosting the annual Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
(CCDC) under authority of CIAS, University of Texas, San Antonio.  To
learn more, see: www.delmar.edu/ccdc.html   Username: "ccdc"  Password:
"ccdc"  These competitions are going on nationally.

My objective here is to write a NASL script that will grade the
competition.

Specifically: I am trying to test an SSL-enabled server.  I get the
certificate OK and check it's hash... so far so good.

Now, I want to open port 443 and retrieve a page.  Is there a way to do
this easily in a NASL script?

I have tried:
        soc = open_soc_tcp( ssl_port, transport: ENCAPS_IP);
which is successful.

Then I do:
        send(socket: soc, data: "GET /some_file.http");
and I get yelled at about speaking HTTP on an SSL connection.

I have also tried using the openssl libraries with pread; I gain the
connection OK, but can't proceed beyond that.  I have tried piping and
redirection with no success.

S.W. Smith... who seeks enlightenment.