Re: [Plugins-writers] Reading Registry Keys

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 17:14:48 PST

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:38:09AM +1100, Leigh Vincent wrote:

> I am newish to NASL but by no means a novice programmer.  I am having
> trouble being able to pull information out of the Windows Registry.
> Each script I try be it an existing script or one I have modified never
> returns any data.  Can anyone help me as to why this may be??

If you're not doing so, run your modified plugins through nessusd rather
than using the commandline NASL interpreter. Check nessusd.messages and
nessusd.dump to make sure the plugins are being run as expected.

Assuming they are being launched, make sure the targets have port 135 or
445 open and that you've supplied Nessus with the necessary credentials.

Finally, if you haven't done so already, take a look at Tenable's white
paper on credentialed checks in Nessus:

  http://www.nessus.org/documentation/nessus_credential_checks.pdf,

George
--