Re: [Plugins-writers] script_id

From: Jerry Heidtke (Jerry_Heidtke@private)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 11:54:49 PST

plugins-writers-bounces@private wrote on 02/06/2006 01:28:16 PM:

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Andrea Governatori wrote:
>

> > TODAY'S TOPICS
> >
> > How is the way to obtain a script_id for the plugin ?
>
> For private use any number above 90000 should be fine, otherwise youcan
submit
> your plugin for inclusion in the GPL feed and the folks at Tenable will
> assign an id to your plugin.
>
> --
>   - Josh

Actually, for reasons of compatibility with other products, it's best to
keep the script_id below 2^16. I use a range starting at 63000 for my
custom plugins.

Tenable has a KnowledgeBase article that says: "Please advise customers to
use plugin ID range of 60,000 to 62,000 for custom plugin ID's."

Jerry Heidtke