RE: [Plugins-writers] Writing to the registry_open_hkcu function.

From: Michael Scheidell (scheidell@private)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 04:40:29 PST

> savers do not reside there. For my purposes I need to query
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

One possible problem:
It might not show anything if there is no current user logged on anyway.
 Haven't used it, but if you look at regedit, you see CURRENTUSER, but
you see any other users not currently logged on as separate SIDS's
there.

Not sure if plugin will return one answer for each possible user, or
just the current logged on user.

If target system is 2002+ with AD, you might find these in domain
security policies (which would enforce them anyway, with ability to
prevent luser from disabling it)

Might be able to use BOUND LDAP queries on AD to find this information.