[Plugins-writers] Accessing multiple sub keys in the Windows registery

From: jfvanmeter@private
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 10:37:14 PDT

Hello, I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction on a problem that I"m having.

I'm trying to write a plugin that will open the following registery key
 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID

then look at all subkeys looking for and record the following Values
LaunchPermission (Reg_Bin)
RunAs (Reg_Sz)

I'm having the problem recording the AppID of the subkey, then dumping all the subkeys that contain LaunchPermission and RunAs Values
Example HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{0C155DD2-B99E-4702-9DCC-1BFA042FEE4F}
AppID = 0C155DD2-B99E-4702-9DCC-1BFA042FEE4F
LaunchPermissions = (a very long binary string that changes according to the RunAs Value)
RunAs = Interactive, System, User, Domain Administrators

If someone can point me in the right direction that would really help me out.

Thanks --John