[Plugins-writers] smb_hotfixes.nasl (pid 21) is slow to finish - killing it

From: Simon Prazak (infosecpw@private)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 11:36:27 PDT

I have been having a problem with smb_hotfixes.nasl timing out on slower wan links and thus have not been able to enumarate registry and execute plugins that depend on registry enumaration (getting the following message in nessusd.messages -> smb_hotfixes.nasl (pid 21) is slow to finish - killing it.

Is there anything that I can do besides increasing a timeout for a plugin to correct the problem?  My response times are generally in 350-400ms range.

Thanks