[Plugins-writers] Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate plugin

From: Young, Keith (Keith.Young@private)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 12:13:50 PDT

Using the nav_installed.nasl plugin, I have rewritten a Symantec
Anti-Virus Corporate plugin which will detect
version/parent/signatures/running/etc and set appropriate kb entries for
each.

I am so close to have a working plugin, however the version and parent
strings are not getting detected correctly even though the registry
entries are valid. I am getting the following in the nessusd.dump log:
	[334](savce_installed.nasl:0x4e12) add: bad type for instruction
	[334](savce_installed.nasl:0x4e36) add: bad type for instruction
	[334](savce_installed.nasl:0x4e5b) add: bad type for instruction

Since this line does not appear in the Nessus open source version, and a
Google search turned up nothing, I don't know what the errors mean.
Anyone have an idea or see an obvious bug in my attached script?

By the way, this is under Nessus 3.0.3 on RedHat Enterprise.

Cheers,

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services