[Plugins-writers] SMB/Registry/Enumerated is missing

From: Simon Prazak (infosecpw@private)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 13:50:26 PDT

I have received an error [see bellow] when running one of my scans.  It appears as if the KB item 'SMB/Registry/Enumerated' does not exist and it is causing 'Script.nasl' not to launch.  The Script.nasl works with local segments, however this problem appears to happen with certain remote segments (overseas non-english versions of Microsoft OS - not sure if this has to do anything with my problem).

My question is, would it be safe for me to make a change in my script and remove the 'script_require_keys("SMB/Registry/Enumerated");' line from my script.  I do not seem to have SMB authentication problem as some of my tests (service pack tests) run fine.  Also, a little explanation as to the significance of the  "SMB/Registry/Enumerated" KB item would be appreciated.

Not launching smb_hotfixes.nasl against SERVER.COM [23]
Not launching Script.nasl against SERVER.COM because the key SMB/Registry/Enumerated is missing (this is not an error)

Thanks