Re: [Plugins-writers] plugin #11935 (ike_detect) do not detect IKE

From: John Lampe (jwlampe@private)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 10:51:23 PDT

John Lampe wrote:

> Michel Casabona wrote:
>
>> The ike_detect plugin do not always detect an active IKE service
>> because it uses a random source port. Some IKE implementations
>> answers only to source port 500.
>>
>> Note that ike_check had the same problem and was fixed already.
>>
>> Thanks
>

> and, some IKE implementations accept an IKE packet from an ephermal
> source port and respond as if the source port was set to 500 (srcport
> ==dstport = 500).
>
> At any rate, I'll make that change and thanks for reporting the issue.
>
> John

Actually, it's already in there.  We send the first UDP packet with a
random src port.  If we don't get a response, then it falls through to
this block of code:

        if (! live)
        {
                # well, some implementations of IPSEC (Microsoft,...)
                # will receive a packet from src port != 500 and dst
port=500
                # and reply from src port == 500 dst port == 500

                udpip = forge_udp_packet(ip : ip,
                                        uh_sport : port,
                                        uh_dport : port,
                                        uh_ulen : oneoff + 8,
                                        data : blat);

                live = send_packet(udpip, pcap_active:TRUE,
pcap_filter:filter, pcap_timeout:2);
        }

Any further info or a pcap (tcpdump -i <interface> -s 1500 -w
ike_debug.pcap) would help greatly.  Thanks.

John

--
John Lampe
Senior Security Researcher