[Plugins-writers] GetFileVersionEx & child structures

From: Ferdy Riphagen (f.riphagen@private)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 09:29:25 PST

Hi All,

After a long while I started playing again with the new
GetFileversionEx() function (thanks N.) to grab the child structure info.
Until now no luck with this.

By adding this code after reading the file it only gives me output to
"ret". "children" stays empty all the time

ret = GetFileVersionEx(handle:fopen);
debug_print("ret: ", ret, "\n");

if (!isnull(ret)) children = ret['StringFileInfo'];
if (isnull(children)) {
    debug_print("Too bad... children is empty\n");
    exit(0);
}
else debug_print("children: ", children, "\n");
CloseFile(handle:fopen);

But viewing the same file with "smbshell.nbin" gives me this:
The structure has children and my interest is  at least the
"ProductVersion" because
dwFileVersionMS and dwFileVersionLS are zero.

wLength: 896
wValueLength: 52
wType: 0
Value:
  dwSignature:        0xFEEF04BD
  dwStrucVersion:     0x00010000
  dwFileVersionMS:    0x00000000
  dwFileVersionLS:    0x00000000
  dwProductVersionMS: 0x00000000
  dwProductVersionLS: 0x00000000
  dwFileFlagMask:     0x00000000
  dwFileFlags:        0x00000000
  dwFileOS:           0x00000004
  dwFileType:         0x00000001
  dwFileSubtype:      0x00000000
  dwFileDateMS:       0x00000000
  dwFileDateLS:       0x00000000
Children:
  VarFileInfo:
    Translation: 0x040904E4
  StringFileInfo:
    040904E4:
      LegalTrademark: All Rights Reserved.
      ProductVersion: 4.8.01.0300

Does anyone can show me the right way, and tell what I possible do wrong?

--Ferdy--