Re: [Plugins-writers] Build question

From: George A. Theall (theall@private)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 17:12:30 PST

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:44:15PM -0500, Chambers, Daryl [HDS] wrote:

> I am trying to set up a plugin, but this is my first one.  What steps do
> I need to take to ensure that the plugin works?

nessusd will not load a plugin unless it compiles cleanly. You can check
that by running "nasl -W $plugin" (Nessus 3.x) or "nasl -L $plugin"
(Nessus 2.x).

You also should make sure the script_id and script_name are unique.

Beyond that, whether a plugin "works" or not depends on how well it's
been programmed.

George
--
theall@private