FC: Yale students respond to Bush daughter story and censorship

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 15:02:37 PDT

    [Two responses follow from Yale students. If anyone has a mirror of the
    article in question, please do send it along. --Declan]

    ********

    From: [politech reader and yale grad student]@yale.edu
    Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:14:55 -0500
    To: <declanat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: Yale U orders campus paper to yank Bush daughter story
    from web

    Declan,

    More background:  the Rumpus is a campus tabloid/humor magazine that
    pushs the limit by poking fun at the campus, students, faculty and
    administrators.  They have an annual 'sexiest people on campus' issue,
    for example, complete with photographs and few are spared.  The Bush
    article seems to be in keeping with Rumpus' wonderful tradition, and the
    Administration's lax support for free speech (see the three articles
    below) seems to be consistent.

    Last year Rumpus dared to publish the names of members of the secret
    societies, for which 'someone' stole all of the issues of the tabloid to
    prevent the names from coming out.  Anyone punished?...naaah.

    See
    http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=12158
    http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=12142
    and