FC: Harvard plans to hold Internet law program from July 2-6

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 07:48:53 PDT

    [Many politech readers sent this along -- thank you. I think Gerard's
    message was the first. --Declan]

    *********

    From: GerardPerat_private
    Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:17:30 EDT
    Subject: Summer Internet Law Program at Harvard Law School
    To: declanat_private, politechat_private

    This may be of interest to list members.

    regards,
    gerard peregrin
    The International Law Channel

    ANNOUNCE: Summer Internet Law Program at Harvard Law School

    We are writing to you to ask your help because of the interest you have
    previously expressed in the Berkman Center for Internet & Society.

    This summer, for the first time, we are running a kind of Internet Law summer
    camp featuring a series of lectures and seminars by five distinguished
    professors with specialties in Internet law.  The program will run from July
    2-6 on the Harvard Law School campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  It will
    cover such controversial topics as copyright protection on the Internet, the
    digital distribution of music, cybercrime, jurisdiction, free speech and
    privacy.  Participating faculty include:

    * Yochai Benkler, Professor of Law, New York University Law School

    * William Fisher III, Professor of Law, Harvard Law School

    * Lawrence Lessig, Professor of Law, Stanford Law School

    * Charles Nesson, Weld Professor of Law, Harvard Law School

    * Jonathan Zittrain, Berkman Assistant Professor of Law, Harvard Law School

    Please help us get the word out about our program by forwarding this message
    to anyone you think might be interested in participating.  Our intended
    audience is lawyers, entrepreneurs, journalists and policymakers.  For more
    information, including details about the social part of our program and the
    availability of Continuing Legal Education credit, see
    <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ilaw>.

    We would, of course, be delighted to have your participation.

    Thank you.

    Eric F. Saltzman,

    Executive Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society

    Harvard Law School

    <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu>