FC: NY state won't prosecute high schoolers over sex site

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 06:16:39 PDT

    Background: http://www.politechbot.com/p-02105.html

    An anonymized note from one local:
    >I assume that really taking this into court would just
    >embarrass too many rich families, that's why charges
    >were dropped.  Luckily, that happens to set a great
    >precedent from our perspective, which is probably
    >the last thing on the minds of those Westchester
    >families: of the girls *and* the boys.
    >
    >The funny thing is Jeanine Pirro. She's our DA, but
    >her husband was convicted this year for financial
    >impropriety. Pretty ironic. It'll be interesting
    >to see if she gets re-elected.

    ---

    Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:40:15 -0400
    From: Bonnie <rabbitat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: NY Journal-News: No case against teens for Web site

      No case against teens for Web site

        JONATHAN BANDLER
        THE JOURNAL NEWS
        (Original publication: June 14, 2001)

        NEW CASTLE  Two Chappaqua high school seniors who were
        arrested for engineering a Web site detailing sexual
        exploits of some female classmates will not face criminal
        charges, Westchester District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said
        yesterday.
        Pirro said although some of the material on the Web site
        was "offensive and abhorrent, the content did not rise to
        the level of criminal conduct."

    Full story (usually kept online for one month) at
    http://www.nyjournalnews.com/westchester/061401/14standdown/

    --
    forwarded by Bonnie