FC: PFF's Jeff Eisenach on FTC, privacy, and legislation

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 12:15:36 PDT

    Background:

    Also note William Safire, a proponent of restricting government
    surveillance and strictly regulating corporate data collection, has a piece
    in the NYT on this topic. He complains that Minority Leader Gephardt is not
    regulatory enough. The column, no registration required, is here:
    http://www0.mercurycenter.com/premium/opinion/columns/020461.htm