FC: Mastercard lawyers threaten Attrition.org over satire site

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 15:00:07 PDT

    Politechnicals may remember a similar war of nastygrams erupting in April
    over a rec.humor.funny posting that had fun with their "priceless"
    advertising campaign. Mastercard backed down and the joke remains online.

    Humorless Mastercard lawyers threaten rec.humor.funny newsgroup
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-01905.html

    Mastercard's suite of lawyers -- who really should find a more productive
    way to occupy their time -- also sued Ralph Nader and lost:
    http://www.salon.com/business/feature/2000/09/13/nader/

    As always, I invite Mastercard to respond and clarify their position. I
    will forward their reply unedited.

    -Declan