FC: Charles Arthur on Mastercard threatening Attrition.org over satire

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 11:05:39 PDT

Original message with exchange between Mastercard and Attrition.org:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-02189.html

**********

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:20:06 +0100
To: declanat_private
From: "Charles Arthur, The Independent" <carthurat_private>
Subject: Re: FC: More on Mastercard lawyers threatening Attrition.org over
satire

Hi Declan...

Surely more briefly it could be put (we haven't had that campaign over
here, so I'm sorta going by the attrition parodies... which are pretty
vinegary)

Cost of searching for "priceless" and "image" on Google... $0.00002
Cost of sending lawyernastysnailmail to nonexistent PO Box for
attrition.org.. $1,594.32 (inc bathroom break)
Cost of sending lawyernastyemail with snailmail as Word to attrition.org...
$0.32 (no bathroom break)

Cost of bugging attrition.org and its users and getting spread all around
Politech and interesting-people and who knows where... PRICELESS.

'Nuff said.

         best
         Charles

The Independent newspaper on the Web: http://www.independent.co.uk/