FC: U.S. Attorney replies to "Good Samaritan" outcry with statement

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 08:59:21 PDT

    I and other folks who communicated with the DOJ received the below
    statement yesterday evening.

    It seems as though U.S. Attorney Sheldon Sperling is feeling some pressure.
    Sperling's direct phone number and contact info have disappeared from a
    University of Tulsa law school alum site:
    http://www.tilly.com/tulawclassof79/s.htm

    Subscribers to the cypherpunks list pointed out that it's still here:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:suoo-rMakz8:www.tilly.com/tulawclassof79/s.htm+Sheldon+Sperling+Shepard&hl=en

    Background:
    "Feds target Oklahoma good samaritan who noted web security hole"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-02412.html

    "DOJ prosecution of "good samaritan" may be justified after all?"

    *********