FC: Georgia politico claims she was visited by Chandra Levy's ghost

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 09:39:39 PDT

    News coverage:
    http://opinionjournal.com/best/?id=95001074
    http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/20010906/3606563s.htm
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2001/09/05/national1303EDT0599.DTL
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20010906-1048762.htm

    Quote from Rep. Dorothy Pelote's floor speech:
    "I want you to know that I can prophesy. I can communicate with the dead.
    The last person who visited me was -- I don't know if I need to call her
    name. Maybe I should not, because it's a controversial death now. She's
    missing. You know who I'm talking about. She has visited me. She has."

    And we take politicians seriously, and let them regulate and legislate our
    lives? Sigh. If this Georgia politico really was having a tete-a-tete with
    Chandra, why didn't she ask where the ex-intern's body was?

    -Declan

    ********