FC: Terrorists attack World Trade Center and Pentagon

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 07:28:52 PDT

    [Police and other sirens are wailing in Washington, and high-profile
    federal buildings have been evacuated. One of the Trade Center towers
    apparently has collapsed, with a death toll I don't want to imagine. I
    wonder if these attacks are over, and what kind of legislation we're likely
    to see in response... --Declan]

    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010911/ts/crash_tradecenter_dc_2.html
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - A plane struck the World Trade Center in lower
    Manhattan Tuesday morning, an eyewitness reported.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/evac.htm

        The AP and Reuters are reported the following D.C. area evacuations on
        the threat of terrorist attacks: the White House, the U.S. Capitol
        Building, the Pentagon, the State Department and the Old Executive
        Office Building.

        According to GSA press office, they are awaiting a decision on whether
        to close government agencies in Washington.

        The New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market said trading in
        stocks would not open until at least 11:30 EDT.

        Also the Federal Aviation Administration has shut down all aircraft
        takeoffs nationwide and has directed all planes in the air to continue
        to their final destinations or land at the nearest airport.

        The Sears Tower in Chicago is also being evacuated.