FC: More on urban legends born after WTC-Pentagon attacks

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 07:34:06 PDT

    ********

    Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:20:37 -0400
    To: declanat_private
    From: Vicki Ziegler <vzieglerat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: Radio network claims no songs banned, blacklist
    was   "suggestion"

    Hi, Declan.

    First, let me thank you for your tireless and unstinting coverage of the
    September 11th events and their aftermath and implications. With so much
    dubious flotsam and jetsam circulating right now, yours is one of the sane
    and astute voices helping to sort things out.

    I notice that you cited the snopes.com/Urban Legends site to dispel and
    clarify the rumours about the CNN-using-old-Palestinian-footage story.
    There is more explanation of the "radio blacklist" story, there, too. You
    would do a great service by circulating the Web address for the special
    Urban Legends page devoted just to terrorist attack-related stories. (Every
    time I get that freaking Nostradamus thingy forwarded to me, I send back
    this address ...)

    http://www.snopes.com/info/rumors.htm

    Thanks again, Declan.

    Vicki