FC: Did Bin Laden use steganography to hide files on eBay?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 22:20:29 PDT

    [These results, alas, aren't as interesting as they could be. I urge Greg
    to broaden the search. The article in question
    (http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/2001-02-05-binladen.htm) never
    mentioned eBay, so analyzing eBay images isn't that helpful. The article
    talked of: "sports chat rooms, pornographic bulletin boards and other Web
    sites." Seems to me that in debates, we should assume that Bin Laden is
    using crypto and stego, and frame our responses accordingly. If he isn't,
    the next generation certainly will. --DBM]

    *********