FC: Former U.S. "drug czar" tells how to deal with terrorist groups

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 06:47:16 PDT

    ******

    From: Eric Cordian <emcat_private>
    Subject: American Death Squads
    To: cypherpunksat_private
    Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:38:58 -0700 (PDT)

    Barry McCaffrey, former Drug Czar, making an approved leak on how the US
    plans to deal with sub-national groups, their friends, and their
    supporters.

    It's not nice to taunt Happy-Fun-Superpower.

    http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/03/ret.mccaffrey.war.plan/

    -----

    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Retired Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey, who was drug czar
    during President Clinton's second term, said in an online exchange last
    month that those against the United States in its war on terrorism would
    "be killed suddenly, in significant numbers and without warning."

    "We are going to disrupt these people through preemptive attack ... we
    will deceive them, we will run psyops on them, at selected points and
    times they will be killed suddenly, in significant numbers, and without
    warning."

    "Tomahawk missiles, 2000 pound laser guided weapons dropped from B2's or
    F22's at very high altitude, remote control, booby traps, blackmail and at
    places, small groups of soldiers or SEALs will appear in total darkness,
    blow down the doors and kill them at close range with automatic weapons
    and hand grenades"

    A U.S. military official who was shown McCaffrey's comments said they were
    the "insights of a very smart guy."

    Another official said they do not contain any national secrets, but they
    do accurately reflect the strategy the United States has adopted.

    In the words of this official: "It's the plan."

    --
    Eric Michael Cordian 0+