FC: More on did bin Laden use stego to hide files on eBay?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 06:24:44 PDT

    *********
    From: "peter honeyman" <honeyat_private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declanat_private>
    Cc: "niels provos" <provosat_private>
    Subject: http://www.politechbot.com/p-02566.html
    Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:06:07 -0400

    declan,

    on your politech list, you point out that the usa today article we cited
    does not mention ebay.

    we regret the inaccuracy in our report, which resulted from an error in
    editing.

    what we intended to say, and will say when we issue an amended report, is
    that the usa today article motivated us to test our newly developed
    steganographic detection tools, but it was your subsequent wired news
    article that led us to ebay.

    please let me know if you need any clarification

    thanks.

         peter