FC: Hidden image extracted from ABC News report: First stego trophy?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 10:34:51 PDT

    Peter Honeyman and Niels Provos from UMich's Center for Information
    Technology Integration have successfully extracted a hidden image from
    a sample JPEG image. That sample JPEG was featured in a recent ABC News
    report about steganography:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-02623.html

    No, the image wasn't created by bin Laden & com, but it's an interesting
    demonstration nevertheless. I dislike sending out attachments, so I've
    placed the extracted image here:
    http://www.politechbot.com/docs/stego-trophy.jpg

    Below message forwarded with permission.

    -Declan

    *******