FC: Federalist Society event in DC 10/18: "Fight the Future"

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 15:04:45 PDT

    [I will be speaking at the Federalist Society conference at 9:30 am
    Thursday, title: "Government: Friend or Foe of E-Commerce." --Declan]

    ---

    From: "Schultz, Mark F" <Mark.F.Schultzat_private>
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: Invite to Politechnicals to Federalist Society Fight the Future
    Conference
    Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:19:54 -0500

    Declan:

    I would greatly appreciate it if you would extend a special invitation to
    the Politech list to attend the Federalist Society's conference on politics
    and technology, entitled Fight the Future: Government Regulation and
    Technological Progress.

    The conference will be FREE, and, in one of those rare events in life, there
    will be a free lunch-a good one.  We only ask that you RSVP to the
    Federalist Society at (202) 822-8138, particularly if you will attend the
    lunch portion starting at 12:45.

    Thursday, October 18, 2001
    The National Press Club
    National Press Building
    529 14th Street
    Washington, D.C.
    9:15 A.M. - 12:45.
    http://www.fed-soc.org/events/luddite.htm

    The conference was prompted by growing calls, particularly among those in
    the anti-globalization movement, to place restrictions on the growth and use
    of technology.  It features a number of interesting speakers, including
    Declan and several other members of this list.  It will include discussions
    of e-commerce, genetically modified food, and regulation of online
    securities disclosures.

    Best Regards,

    Mark Schultz
    Baker & McKenzie