FC: Sen. Byron Dorgan wants to keep the Net safe for tax collectors?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 09:52:36 PST

    I've put the ad here:
    http://www.politechbot.com/docs/taxad.102301.pdf

    Background:
    http://www.cfif.org/5_8_2001/Free_line/current/dissembling_dorgan.htm

    *********

    From: "Jeff Mazzella" <jmazzellaat_private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declanat_private>
    Subject: Center Holds Sen. Dorgan Accountable for Expiration of ITFA
    Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:52:27 -0400

    Declan,

    I thought you'd be interested in seeing the attached ad that we ran today
    in the Washington Times (Page A6), informing the taxpayers to who's
    responsible for allowing the Internet tax moratorium to expire.  If the
    Senate doesn't act quickly, our Internet access bills will soon look like
    our phone bills (taxed, taxed and taxed again).  When that happens, we can
    all thank Senator Dorgan.

    Regards,
    Jeff

    Jeffrey Mazzella