FC: Ian Clarke speaking TODAY in DC on Freenet and anonymity at 7 pm

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 13:04:17 PST

    Sorry for the late notice, but in case anyone's interested in an after-work
    talk...

    Ian Clarke is giving a talk in Washington, DC tonight (Monday) at 7 pm ET.
    Ian is the inventor and architect of Freenet and co-founder and CTO of Uprizer.

    Freenet is an anonymous publishing system. Ian describes it as a way "to
    provide a means by which information can be shared without fear of
    censorship of any kind." Uprizer is a "peer-to-peer network software
    company" that launched this year with investments from Intel Capital, Kline
    Hawkes & Co. and Shugart Venture Fund.

    I'm hosting Ian at my home in Adams Morgan. Email me for directions, etc.