FC: RIAA exec on dismissal of EFF-Felten case: Told you so

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 16:11:46 PST

    Background:

    "Federal judge throws out EFF-Felten lawsuit challenging DMCA"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-02852.html

    Felten legal archive:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=felten

    ---

    From: AWeissat_private
    Subject: SHERMAN ON THE DISMISSAL OF THE FELTEN CASE
    To: declanat_private
    Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:53:32 -0500

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                         Contact:       Amy Weiss
    Wednesday, November 28, 2001                                 Jano Cabrera
    http://www.riaa.com                                          202-857-9650

    STATEMENT BY CARY SHERMAN, RIAA SENIOR EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND GENERAL
                    COUNSEL, ON THE DISMISSAL OF THE FELTEN CASE

    "We are happy that the court recognized what we have been saying all along:
    there is no dispute here. As we have said time and again, Professor Felten
    is free to publish his findings."