FC: More on Secret Service and phone calls to Internet essayists

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 10:36:12 PST

    Background on JG Ballard's, um, paean to Ronald Reagan, published some 13
    years the Gipper became prez:
    http://books.guardian.co.uk/authors/author/0,5917,-15,00.html

    Anyone who's been online for a while knows that Secret Service visits and
    phone calls about threats to the president are part of the background noise
    of the Internet. It may be that they've expanded the scope of what they
    consider a credible threat after Sep. 11, but it's too early to tell.