FC: FBI refuses to tell Congress aide about "classified" Magic Lantern

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 14:10:39 PST

    Background on "Magic Lantern":
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=lantern

    ---

    From: "Singleton, Norman" <Norman.Singletonat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: Magic Lantern
    Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:35:09 -0500

    The FBI Congressional Liason office respond to my inquiry on Magic Lantern
    by telling me they could not provide me with any information on this
    because it is "classified." She also said she was told that the project is
    still being developed and it was a "mistake" that coverage of this has made
    it into the media. The Congressional liaison also said the folks working on
    this would not tell her anything about the project.

    Norman Kirk Singleton
    Legislative Director
    Congressman Ron Paul
    202-225-2831 (ph)