FC: Responses to are Feds wasting tax money on hydrogen full cells?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 17:22:19 PST

    [The depth and breadth of knowledge on this list is, once again,
    impressive. The previous message is here:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03020.html I'll post Steven Bond's response
    first; the criticism follows. --Declan]

    ********

    Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:04:08 -0500
    From: Steven Thomas Bond <stbondat_private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    Subject: Re: fuel cell cars

    The response was interesting - it's amazing how many people can read
    something and not get the point!  One other thing people should know is
    that a recent  American Scientist ( published by Sigma Xi, NOT
    Scientific American) carried a book review written by someone (with good
    credentials) prediciting the world maximum oil productionwould occur in
    2002-2004. The maximum US oil production, predicted in 1956 for 1970,
    occured just as scheduled.

    ********