FC: "Consumers for Computing Choice" launches anti-Microsoft site

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 14:30:30 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:31:29 +0000
    From: Jim Martin <jmartincccat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: New Microsoft anti-trust case

    Declan,

    I thought this new website would be interesting for the folks on the
    Politech list. It's www.computingchoice.org.

    This is a new effort posted Friday by Consumers for Computing Choice. It
    might be counterintuitive for some of your readers, as it is designed by
    free-market thinkers who oppose Microsoft's monopoly power grab. While that
    doesn't fit us nicely into any political, left-right paradigm, it does
    provide for some interesting reading. It also has links that allow readers
    to submit their thoughts on the case to the Justice Department before the
    Monday deadline. We will of course continue to track the case on the site as
    things develop.

    In conclusion, some people on your list might not like the sight. Others
    might. Either way, it's an interesting read.

    Thanks,

    Jim Turner