FC: Technology reporter defends PressBlaster spam software

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 10:40:48 PST

    Personally, I may not disagree that much with Margie, but I would say that
    sending me articles on topics I don't write about and have never written
    about -- something that PressBlaster makes easy -- *is* an abuse of my
    publicly available professional email address. (Do I really want press
    releases about the new 450-hp John Deere 9520 Tractor?) It's easy for
    journalists' inboxes to get clogged with a deluge of press releases, and I
    already get over 1,000 email messages a day.

    My instructions for PR types are here:
    http://www.mccullagh.org/about/contact.html