FC: Censorhappy union that sued member over site now sue reformers too

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 08:25:38 PST

    "Unions sue member for posting constitution on the web"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03186.html

    *********

    From: "Kevin LaPalme" <pressat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:02:52 -0500
    Subject: UFCW sues reform group over Web site

    Well that was quick. Suing one part-time grocery clerk wasn't enough. The
    UFCW has now
    filed suit against Members for Democracy, the Vancouver-based union reform
    group, for
    statements on its Web site and for use of the domain "ufcw.net".

    The suit names Kelsey Sigurdur, MFD's webmaster and site owner, and Sharyn
    Sigurdur, a
    UFCW Local 1518 member in good standing who works as a part-time grocery
    store clerk as
    defendants.

    The full story is here:
    http://www.ufcw.net