FC: Senator tells FCC chairman he should be at U.S. Chamber of Commerce

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 16:01:15 PST

    [Of course Michael Powell was merely telling the truth and Senator Hollings
    knew it. But Hollings would rather score political points by assailing
    someone who dared suggest -- mildly! -- that government intrusion may not
    be the best solution to every problem. To Hollings, that's apparently more
    important than speaking his conscience. Shame on Hollings for being a
    knave; shame on Safire for sounding more like Ralph Nader or Pat Buchanan
    than someone who once called himself a conservative. --Declan]

    ---