FC: NPR's Rick Karr replies to FCC chairman at Chamber of Commerce

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 22:25:16 PST

    [To reply to Rick: I never claimed that Powell said public interest and
    market forces are the same. Powell's claim was far weaker; which is why I
    characterized it as such a "mild" statement. As for the consolidated
    ownership point, I'm not willing to leap to a big-is-bad conclusion. Large
    companies may be easy targets to assail, but (1) a lot of people really do
    want to listen to top 40 dreck and (2) being big may bring some economies
    of scale. --Declan]

    ---