FC: Legal update: Rulings in Intel v. Hamidi bulk-email and KaZaA cases

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 21:11:13 PST

    Politech archive on Intel v. Hamidi:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=hamidi

    ---

    From: Donna Wentworth <donnaat_private>
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: Intel v. Hamidi to be heard by Calif. Supreme Court
    Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:02:04 -0500

    Hi Declan,

    I thought you and the politech list might be interested to know that
    the California Supreme Court has decided to hear Intel v. Hamidi;
    details are available at the Court's website, here
    http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/mainCaseScreen.cfm?dist=0&doc_id=188342

    Intel v. Hamidi, like Eldred v. Ashcroft, has been fought in part
    with the help of the Berkman Center's Openlaw forum. Background
    on the case is available here:
    <http://eon.law.harvard.edu/openlaw/intelvhamidi/>
    Carl Kaplan's 1999 NYT Cyberlaw Journal piece exploring the central
    issues at stake is here:
    <http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/05/cyber/cyberlaw/28law.html>.

    Best,
    Donna