FC: Did Florida's Jeb Bush spam voters by using Democratic mail list?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 07:50:30 PST

    [Paul points us to Dan Balz' column, which can be found here:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44609-2002Mar31.html  There
    are two obvious issues when it comes to such a list: Acquisition and use.
    For the first, it seems to me that the same rules that govern in meatspace
    should apply here. If a Democratic campaign is careless enough to give away
    its list of supporters, that campaign should expect others to end up with a
    copy. But unsolicited email is arguably more intrusive than unsolicited
    U.S. mail (though far less intrusive than an unsolicited telephone call),
    so a prudent campaign manager may wish to think twice before using it. In
    any case, it seems clear that what may not be prudent here should
    nevertheless be legal. --Declan]

    ---