FC: Webservers in Palestine reportedly disrupted by conflict

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 13:21:45 PDT

    Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:48:18 -0700
    From: BOAZ GUTTMAN <boazgat_private>
    Subject: Disruptions of Palestine-based webservers
    To: declanat_private

    The main official Palestine website is closed.They put another notice
    there.Just look.
    http://www.pna.net/
    So we can not read the Hamas daily notice now also was linked to it...as
    I remember this website was on a server in US...interesting...
    http://www.palestine-info.com/hamas/
    regards
    Boaz Guttman Adv.
    http://www.4law.co.il

    ---

    The site says:

    electronicIntifada.net
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    Due to disruptions of Palestine-based webservers as a result of the Israeli
    invasion of Palestinian towns, you may have arrived here while trying to
    access a different website.
    The hard-working technical staff maintaining webservers on the ground are
    dealing with shoot-to-kill curfews, no electricity thanks to Israeli
    military cut-offs of the power, and other severe obstacles.
    Until these issues are resolved some sites are temporarily redirecting
    their URLs here, where you can find information from a Palestinian point of
    view. Normal service  will be resumed as soon as possible.
    In the meantime, welcome to
    The Electronic Intifada