FC: Domain heist: Hoopla.com reportedly stolen via fax to Verisign

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 13:48:46 PDT

    Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:18:44 +0200
    Subject: Domain heist
    From: Dean Allen <twinsetat_private>
    To: declanat_private

    Dear Declan McCullagh,

    I publish a site called Textism. A reader wrote suggesting I draw your
    attention -- and perhaps the attention of your mailing list -- to a domain
    hijacking issue.

    A friend of mine, Leslie Harpold, published a well-respected blog/site
    called at hoopla.com. A few days ago her domain was illegally transferred
    to someone named Hubert Sarah in Berlin, seemingly on the basis of one fax
    to NetSol.

    Some details are here: http://www.textism.com/article/490

    Today's update is here: http://www.textism.com/article/494

    I understand this sort of thing happens with some regularity, but the sheer
    unwillingness of NetSol to fixing a breach of their own contract may prove
    to be of interest to your list.

    Thank you,

    - Dean Allen