FC: Gore Vidal on the new war on freedom: Give me liberty or...

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 22:20:06 PDT

    Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:19:24 -0700
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    From: David Theroux <DTherouxat_private>

    Dear Declan,

    Mary and I greatly enjoyed the recent Politech dinner in San
    Francisco.  Thanks again for organizing it.

    In reference to our recent event with Gore Vidal and others, "Understanding
    America's Terrorist Crisis: What Should Be Done?"
    (http://www.independent.org/tii/forums/020418ipf2.html), Politech readers
    may find the following two pieces of interest:

    "The New War on Freedom: Give me liberty, or give me . . . what? Security",
    by Gore Vidal:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/04/21/IN83832.DTL

    "Amoral logic of 'collateral damage'", by Robert Higgs:
    http://www.examiner.com/opinion/default.jsp?story=OPcollateral041802w

    Best regards,

    David
    --