FC: Hacktivismo News site will cover technology and human rights

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 22:35:18 PDT

    Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:50:24 -0400
    Subject: Hacktivismo/news goes live
    From: MrHappy <mrhappyat_private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>

    Hi Declan,

    It might be of interest to your readers to know that Hacktivismo has just
    launched the Hacktivismo News site dedicated to reporting on the
    convergence of technology and human rights.

    	http://www.hacktivismo.com/news/

    About Hacktivismo:

    Hacktivismo is an international group of hackers, human rights workers,
    lawyers and artists that evolved out of THE CULT OF THE DEAD COW (cDc), a
    publishing and computer security group. We believe that privacy and access
    to information are basic human rights. Hacktivismo assumes as an ethical
    point of departure the principles enshrined in the Universal Declaration on
    Human Rights and the International Convention on Civil and Political
    Rights. We also support the Free Software and open-source movements.

    Cheers,
    MrHappy

    --

    "Anyone who creates his or her own cryptographic primitive is either a
    genius or a fool. Given the genius/fool ratio for our species, the odds