FC: Newsbytes, R.I.P.

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 12:55:33 PDT

    [Hope all the Newsbytes reporters on Politech have remembered to
    switch their subscriptions to wpni.com! Newsbytes.com is now
    offline. (So much for the many links pointing to the site.) :(
    --Declan]

    ---

    http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3_1136291

       Business
       May 16, 2002
       Washington Post Co. to Shutter Newsbytes
       By Thor Olavsrud
       The Washington Post Co. will shut down its Newsbytes online IT news
       service on May 31, a source close to the company told InternetNews.com
       Thursday.

       While the company would neither confirm nor deny the shutdown,
       Washtech/Newsbytes Publisher Valerie Voci told InternetNews.com: "We
       currently publish two technology Web sites for the Washington Post Co.
       and we are consolidating our online tech coverage."

       "I think the Washington Post is making a mistake," the source said.

       Another source inside the company said the Washington Post Co. will
       announce a number of changes to its online tech news coverage in the
       near future.

       [...]