FC: Intel analyst accuses American journalists of "treason"

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 07:26:18 PDT

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54650-2002Jun14.html
    By Dennis Pluchinsky
    Sunday, June 16, 2002; Page B03

    I accuse the media in the United States of treason.

    I have been analyzing terrorism for the U.S. government for 25 years. My
    specialty is "threat analysis." This is a rather difficult field that
    requires the imagination of Walt Disney, the patience of a kindergarten
    teacher, the mind-set of a chess player, the resolve of a Boston Red Sox
    fan, the mental acuity of a river boat gambler, and the forecasting ability
    of a successful stock market analyst.

    While the media have, over the past several weeks, written extensively on
    alleged intelligence "failures" surrounding the events of Sept. 11, I want
    to address the media's common-sense "failures." As a terrorism analyst, I
    am both appalled and confused by many of the post-9/11 articles published
    at home and abroad, in newspapers, news magazines and academic journals, as
    well as on the Internet.

    [...]