FC: Case against Goner worm suspects starts in Israel, closed to press

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:43:47 PDT

    Background on Goner worm, which was written in Visual Basic:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.goner.aat_private
    http://www.fsecure.com/v-descs/goner.shtml

    Article from last December:
    "Israeli Teens Held in Goner Virus Probe"

    Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 22:21:52 +0200
    From: "BoazGuttmanAdv." <bg10at_private>
    To: Declan <declanat_private>
    Subject: Goner Virus Creators - Draft of the Indictment Ready in Israel

    Good Evning Declan.
    As I was notified today evening concern the Goner Virus Creators from
    an  official reliable source that read the draft. The Draft of the
    Indictment against the 4 partners in this event is already ready in the
    Israeli State Attorney`s Office in the Northern District.I think the age
    of the juvenile all of them also today is under 18.Therefore the case
    will arrive to  Juvenile Court.I dont know if District or Magistrate
    Court.According to the Israeli criminal law charge can be sent also to
    the place where the criminal leaves.Therefore becouse the four young
    boys all of them are living  in Naharia area the case will be handled in
    the Northern Israel.As it looks no press will have the right to cover
    the court inside. I was informed that the creator was born  and the  two
    partners were born in  1986.And the last one in December 1985.Therefore
    as you understand the case will not be in an open regular court.They
    will be charged  primary with the Israeli Cyber Law  - section 6.You can
    find the English Version in our website in the Cyber Crime Page.In the
    end of the page - Israel laws.If the State Attorney will not send the
    charge sheet in 12 month from the case - they have to get a special
    permission from the AG.But as it looks  the case is almost ready to
    arrive to the court.Part of the evidence were presented in the Juvenile
    Court last December are already in ppt in our site in a ppt was
    presented to the Israeli  Police Intelligence Department in their last
    conference in June.You find it in whats new? called ; Juvenile - Cyber
    Victim & Cyber Criminal.English.
    regards
    Boaz Guttman Adv.
    http://www.4law.co.il